Being a Music Therapist in the Charlotte area is great but it’s even better when you’re part of a stellar team! Here are 5 reasons why I love working with Piedmont Music Therapy, LLC!
5) Location: Located off Westinghouse Boulevard, PMT’s clinic space is right off I-77 and close to the North/ South Carolina border. This opens up opportunities for clients from the greater Charlotte and Fort Mill areas to receive services like traditional or adaptive lessons and music therapy sessions. The clinic has a TON of instruments and materials along with restrooms and a cute little coffee area for those midday pick-me-ups!
4) Company “Swag”: PMT provides every employee with an awesome name tag, a magnetic car sign with contact information, and “swag bags” - bags to haul instruments and materials in, (complete with embroidered PMT logo!).
3) Uniform shirts: I can’t say enough how much I love having a uniform shirt. On the days where you’re running behind or still waking up, or if you have trouble picking something to wear for work, these make my life SO much easier! Plus there’re different colors and even a cardigan for the Fall!
2) Partnership opportunities: Being part of the PMT team means we have the privilege of working with some amazing organizations and individuals. We provide services to a variety of populations throughout the Charlotte area through partnering with organizations like Charlotte Rescue Mission, Autism After 18, NAMI, Queens University of Charlotte, and many more!
1) The AMAZING STAFF: Probably my most favorite thing about working with PMT is having such an incredible team to work with. The PMTeam (see what I did there?) is comprised of accredited and certified professional MT-BCs who are always ready and willing to lend a hand, to offer feedback, to be your second/ third/ fourth pair of eyes on a project, or to just help work through repertoire. Being part of the team also means that I have people who I can rely on when I’m sick or when I feel like I need to take a step back and re-evaluate case loads. Sometimes it’s hard to ask for help as a professional, but it’s easier to do so when you have a team like this.
All in all, I am truly blessed to be a part of an amazing team with Gretchen, Melissa, and Miriam at Piedmont Music Therapy. I can’t wait to see what the future brings!
Providing music therapy services for early childhood to older adults, music instruction and enrichment plus continuing music therapy education in Greater Charlotte Area of the Carolinas.