PMT was founded in 2013 to serve clients, students and programs in York and Mecklenburg Counties of the Carolinas.
The mission of PMT is to engage, empower and accompany individuals to reach their goals grounded in the frameworks of music therapy and social work. PMT strives to meet students and clients where they are and support them in improving their quality of life. Additionally PMT serves to promote the growth of music therapy students and board certified music therapists by offering educational opportunities plus educating the community about the field of music therapy.
- Early Childhood Classes
- Young Music Makers Classes is offered for 45-minutes, weekly. These music filled gatherings focus on developmental milestones and bonding with your child and fellow families in attendance. Scroll down to see online pass registration packages.
- Individual Music Therapy Treatment
- Intake paperwork is completed by client or caregiver.
- Initial assessment lasts 45-60 minutes conducted by one of our music therapists on staff to determine appropriateness of music therapy treatment and if applicable recommendation for the length, frequency and focus of music therapy treatment through individual or group settings.
- School Based Services through IEP
- Group Music Therapy Treatment (see below: Music Therapy Group Services)
- Support Groups
- Online registration is required.
- Veterans: 2nd Monday of month 6:00 - 6:45pm. Cost: $8/person
- Adults with Parkinson's Disease: Last Monday of month: 6:00 - 6:45pm. Cost: $10/person
- Online registration is required.
- Advise programming with regards to diversified learners, such as observing teachers in educational settings and suggesting adapted curriculum instruction to meet the varying needs of students.
- HealthRHYTHMS Sessions
- Offer drumming event with HealthRHYTHMS Protocol for creative outlet to caregivers needing support, employees for retention and self-care focus, etc.
- Music Instruction
- Music enrichment classes for local schools.
- Private lessons for students of all ages and abilities: flute, percussion: piano, drum set and strings: ukulele, violin, viola.
- Summer Camps
- Piedmont Music Therapy, LLC will host a second year of summer camps at our South Charlotte Clinic. Check back February 1, 2019 for those camp options.
- Team PMT Clinicians also provide mobile music therapy services to therapeutic summer camps through out York and Mecklenburg Counties. See Partner Page for those camp opportunities.
- Music Therapy Presentations and In-Services
- In-services that could benefit a company may include Stress Management Techniques to Access On and Off the Clock, Wellness and Balance that will Enable Success, or Building Teams from Empowered Employees.
- Recent educational presentations have included topics of Music Therapy Internships & Musical Pursuits: Considering Music Therapy as a Career and Music Therapy 101.
- Continuing Education
- PMT is a CBMT Approved Provider #P-175 for continuing education and professional trainings for board certified music therapists. Click here to learn more about trainings, costs, registration process and more.
MUSIC THERAPY Group SERVICES at PMT's Clinic
Piedmont Music Therapy, LLC began a Winter Social Skills Group for children ages 8-10. The group facilitated by Ashley Tisdale, MT-BC will meet for 30 minutes each Saturday afternoon beginning Saturday, January 19, 2019. The final group is scheduled for March 23 with March 30 as make-up date.
A Winter/Spring Social Skills Group for teenagers began on Monday, February 25 under the facilitation of Miriam Tart, MT-BC. The final group is scheduled for May 13.
Group Cost: Initial assessment rate is $100. Group Rate: $30/30 minute session for younger clients or $40/45 minute session for the older clients. Enrollment includes completion of Intake Paperwork in order to schedule an individual music therapy assessment. After a music therapy assessment is completed then group services may be recommended and enrollment is completed. The assessment with one of our music therapists ensures appropriate group pairing and allows our clinicians to monitor goals/objectives and provide treatment reports to families.
The timing depends upon our staff availability matched with clients' availabilities gleaned from Intake Forms. 3 clients is the minimum number of clients to register. Our private practice has clients with the following ages who need more peers to register for a small sized group to launch with one of our music therapists:
- Child of 5 - 6 years in age (Monday afternoons)
- Child of 8-10 years in age (Thursday afternoons)
- Young Adult of 22-25 years in age (to be scheduled)
Please let us know if your family may be interested in starting the intake process for one of the listed groups to meet regularly at our S. Charlotte Location.
Early Childhood Classes
After online purchase you'll receive an email with a digital form so we can learn more about your little one & her or his needs to help us create the best hive for your little bee to flourish within. We hope your family will join the buzz and contact us with questions.
Use this online coupon code to help celebrate your child's birthday: MYKIDDOSBIRTHDAYMONTH and if you follow Piedmont Music Therapy, LLC on Instagram or Facebook there are other coupons released!
Have more than one child? Use this coupon for each additional child's month pass discounted to $20: YMMCLASSSIBLINGPASS
If you receive ERROR Message for unavailable classes then you'll need to clear cache/cookies on your Internet Browser. Select Safari, Preferences, Privacy, Manage Websites, Remove All. Call us with questions - thank you!
April 1:00pm Class Pass: Young Music Makers AGE 2-5
These early childhood classes will be filled with music making to strengthen the development of your little one (age 2 - 5 years) plus foster the relationship & connection between family members and friends in a creative class setting. All instruments and materials will be provided for you to use each week. Purchase this online pass to attend April 2019 classes on Thursdays at 1:00 - 1:45pm with Miss Miriam. NOTE: THERE IS NO CLASS OFFERED ON APRIL 18, 2019.
A coupon is available for families that attend with a referred friend - ask them for it! Make it official with an early purchase by midnight on March 29, 2019 and you'll save a bit more.
May 1:00pm Class Pass: Young Music Makers AGE 2-5 YEARS
These early childhood classes will be filled with music making to strengthen the development of your little one (age 2 - 5 years) plus foster the relationship & connection between families and friends in a creative class setting. All instruments and materials will be made available to you each week. Purchase this online pass to attend May2019 classes on Thursdays from 1:00 - 1:45pm with Miss Miriam.
NOTE: There is no class offered on May 29, 2019. A coupon is available for families that attend with a referred friend - ask them for it! Make it official with an early purchase by midnight on April 30, 2019 and you'll save a bit more.
Roots and shoots-Monthly Classes
|PMT- DSAGC Roots and Shoots Music Classes Winter & Spring 2019|
|File Size:||190 kb|
MUSIC THERAPY Licensure in South Carolina
Would you like to help supported music therapy licensure in SC to protect clients and broaden access to services through Medicaid, Medicare and school settings? Here's a sample letter that you can send to your legislators. If you're not sure which Senators or Representatives are serving your area, search here with your personal zip code.
MUSIC THERAPY TREATMENT FUNDING
These local organizations have previously supported families receiving music therapy services: Bee Mighty and Kids with PossAbilities.
Small Steps in Speech: Helping children communicate one small step at a time has available funding for individual families who have a child with speech and language disorders. Learn more about the application timeline and income restriction through their linked website.
Autism Care Today provides grants for families impacted through autism. Visit their website to learn about the application deadlines and various grant programs.
Piedmont Music Therapy, LLC is also a Vendor through North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority, Approved Community Provider through Fort Mill School District and Approved Vendor through Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Exceptional Children Program.
Our practice is grateful for the support of Blue Star Connection - Grand County Blues Society that gives musical instruments to children with life threatening diagnoses.
Adults with Ds Meet-UP
Please confirm your registration by completing the following form and answering these questions:
Can you please share about your musical interests... preferred artists, songs, instruments?
Any questions you’d like for us to resolve before the event?