- Become a professional volunteer at conference! There are still spots available to fill, serve and meet music therapists, interns & students! The Sign Up Genius Site is easy to use when selecting your slot(s) to volunteer. I've enjoyed volunteering during national conferences with registration duties but am picking up my other trend of volunteering during Opening Session! I hope to see prior class mates, former supervisors and the growing community of music therapists that are able to attend #AMTAConference, this year!
- View the Conference Planning List that Michelle Erfurt shared here. She shares creative ideas, inventive products when storing instruments and details about her other projects on her website.
- Rachel See Smith, MA, MT-BC shared a Handy Handout in preparation for the the AMTA Conference three years ago. Its content about professional goals, networking, budgeting and attending concurrent sessions still apply to the 2014 AMTA Conference! You can check out the PDF, here!
- The Local Conference Planning Committee organized helpful tips & pointers for enjoying Louisville, KY. You can learn which nearby vendors and restaurants will offer discounts when your conference registration ID badge is presented at these locations. I appreciate all of the work they completed in preparation for all of us visiting their home city/state. Using a separate website for including a count-down to conference and distributing details for conference is a great idea that could help the planning by SERAMTA Conference's Hospitality Committee - March 26-28, 2015 :)
- Check out my business' photo posts in the @MusicTherapyEd & @WestMusic Gift Certificate Sweepstakes! Instagram name is @piedmontmusictherapy.
The week prior to conference is filled with packing, rescheduling sessions & lessons and preparing my family for a few days apart. I look forward to re-energizing my private practice and meeting up with music therapists from all over... especially the imagine Editorial Team! I hope that these resources & opportunities were helpful and enjoyable to you.
My first Studio Recital is this Sunday, November 2, 2014. Consider attending if you are in the SE Charlotte Area & would like to support my musical students on violin & piano. There is no admission fee. Plus, two of the students will be debuting original compositions!